Versailles à vélo

One of my readers recently emailed me about her bicycle trip through Versailles. It sounded fun but definitely not for this city mouse. All I could picture was falling and breaking my arm and ruining my trip. (Although, I could experience the supposedly superior French care system first hand.) But a few days later, as I was going through my old issues of Travel & Leisure, I came across an entire story devoted to riding through Versailles so maybe I'll give it a try. They say you never forget how to ride a bike! Just not sure I should try it while wearing Christian Louboutin flats so I might be forced to pack some practical shoes! Chic ones of course!

On a side note, the author of the Travel & Leisure article was Joan Juliet Buck, a contributing editor at Vogue. She plays Mme Brassart, the head of the Cordon Bleu, in the upcoming movie Julie & Julia! I really can't wait to see this movie and maybe check out the house that Julia Child lived in while in Paris! A bientot!

Check out this stream