Ghost Chair Metamorphosis

Kartell

The Phillipe Starck Louis Ghost Chair is really beautiful.
We are seeing it everywhere.

flikr
Here it is used in the most common way as an accent chair - totally unadorned. Lovely, but because it is getting so popular, not as unexpected in a room as it used to be.

Casa Sugar

Perhaps in an effort to reinvent it, the set designers for Gossip Girls had pads made for the chairs. I really do not like it, I think the chair loses some of its ethereal quality.

c.everad
But this recent make over stopped me in my tracks. I was taken by the incredibly classic form of the chair floating under the gauzy sheer slipcovers. Isn't this combination fantastic?


I would use this slipcovered chair in any number of rooms! What do you think?


Check out other makeovers on Monday Metamorphosis at Between Naps on the Porch

Check out this stream