True Value DIY Blog Squad!

Hello there!! I am so thrilled to tell you about a fun partnership that’s been in the works for the past few weeks. I’ve been chomping at the bit to tell you!  :)

I am very pleased to announce that TDC is one of the ten DIY blogs involved with the True Value DIY Blog Squad:

diysquad-v1_3-large

When the folks at True Value asked me if I wanted to be involved with this project, I may or may not have squealed (just a little), danced a happy dance (in my car) and then said YES PLEASE, thankyouverymuch! :)

You all know the hardware store is pretty much my very favorite place to be. Well, besides home. And New York City.

Anyway, it’s is right up there. A trip to a store with nothing but tools, paint supplies and endless possibilities makes me a very happy chick.

I remember going to True Value stores with my Dad when I was young, so going back is a tad bit nostalgic for me. They just ooze friendly, happy, small-town kind of place. You know what I’m talking about? The kind of place that has free popcorn right when you walk in the door:

popcorn

I mean, really. You serve me free popcorn and I’m yours for life. :) The location I visited last week is in a small town, and the staff was so friendly, I felt like they knew me personally. (And no, I did not wear a sign that said “I’m a part of the DIY Blog Squad!!!,” even though I kinda wanted to.) I grew up in small towns (Channeling John Mellencamp right now – I lived in his small town for years. :) ) and there’s just something about the True Value experience that took me back 25 years to my childhood.

Well, let’s get to the goodies, shall we? I have to say, I was SO thrilled at the selection!! I mean, it was crazy good.

I’m warning you…many of you DIYers out there going to pass. out. from glee when I show you the spray paint selection. I could not believe how many options were on the shelf:

spray paint!Told you, CRAZY GOOD. :) I couldn’t even get all of them in the shot – it was a whole wall of spray paint Squeezies! It just doesn’t get any better!

GLEE!!!

The hardware section alone would take me an hour to go through. I have never seen such a selection anywhere:

hardware

Ack!! Nuts! I was in heaven! There was more too – way more!

There were tools galore, power tools (swoon), a fantastic outdoor section, (including a full nursery!) and even an aisle of kitchen supplies!:

kitchen

I only left because my child wanted to eat. I could have stayed for hours. ;)

So over the next few months, I’ll be sharing some fun DIY and home improvement projects using supplies from True Value. (Squeal!)

I have some great projects in mind, but I’d love to hear your thoughts as well! Is there a home improvement project you want to attempt but aren’t sure how to do it? Is there a tool you’d like to learn more about that I haven’t used? If there’s something I can help you learn, I’d love to try!

There are a number of fantastic blogs involved in the DIY Blog Squad!:

Be sure to check out their True Value projects over the coming months! (I know I will!)

You can also find out more about all of our projects when you follow True Value on Facebook and Twitter.

I am so excited for this opportunity, my mind is positively swimming with ideas. Let me know if you have any as well!

*I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.*

**Stay tuned for a great giveaway this weekend!

Check out this stream