Have you got it yet?

Yes. The 2009 Ikea catalogue.

What is it about this catalogue that makes it such an 'event' to look forward to? A friend living in an Ikea-less country recently told me that he had to fork out good money for a copy. And that I should be thankful that I get mine free. Yes, I am.

First cut. The staples are pretty much intact. Good to see them expanding the Besta/Inreda bookcase/media storage range. I have seen some good combos come out of it. And since I have an Expedit bookcase, I'm very happy to see more toys for it. Maybe I can finally get rid of the less than pretty Lekman plastic boxes. Also, the Trollsta sideboard is quite a looker but for some reason, I keep imagining it should be in red.

Now to you. Browse the online catalogue. Come back and share what you like or hate about the Ikea 2009 range.

Check out this stream