Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Materials: Babord Shoe Racks, IKEA fabric
Description: The original idea was to purchase a play kitchen/supermarket for my daughter's birthday. We looked around in stores, but everything we saw, was either too small, too expensive or too plasticky.
So we decided to take this in our own hands and purchased 3 IKEA Babord Shoe Racks, $9.99, a couple of 2x4s, some IKEA fabric and various accessories (baskets, plastic fruits, miniature cans and bottles).
1. For the store front we attached 2x4s at the front corners of the shoe rack. Then attached a 2x4 horizontally at the end of the vertical 2x4s with screws.
2. For the store back we did the same, just that we added another shoe rack on top of the first one.
3. We then stapled the Ikea fabric to the two horizontal beams.
4. Cut out a square wood piece for the sign of the market and attached with string.
5. Added accessories, like baskets and food.
6. Cost under $50!
See more of the Ikea Play Supermarket.
~ Sibylle, Canada
- Santa hat craft
- A Blue and White Wedding
- Fold up workshop
- Bookcase with scratching post and hammock
- Let the magic begin! (The mantels.)
- A Royal Residence
- Chest of drawers to a bed
- Woodsy, antique ikea table
- Luxe Loft Living
- Malm Dresser Up-Do
- Silhouette discount code and a winner!
- Eight more hours!
- Elegant Holiday Inspiration
- Bedroom dress boys
- Queen-size MALM Murphy Hack
- Bon Weekend
- Enclosed Lack entertainment center
- Nature-inspired Enje roller blind
- Giveaway Weekend!
- At Home in Rome
- Alex Credenza
- Patrull air cleaner hack
- From trash to tea table
- Thanksgiving Inspiration
- Attitude of Gratitude
- Turn your blah Fjellse into a FAB upholstered bed
- The dreaded Kids Train Table with a new twist
- Thanksgiving Table Inspiration
- IKEA shelf-evators
- Art Collector's Paradise
- Lack gone oriental
- IKEA Play Supermarket
- Shining Charm
- Silhouette Craft Cutter Giveaway!
- Trash to treasure- Literally!
- Blue Monday
- Waooouu! How did you find a TV that fits perfectly...
- The Selby and The Spades
- Windows at Bergdorf Goodman
- Surroundings Holiday E-Magazine & Saturday's Mark...
- Giant drum shade pendant for 13 bucks
- Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows 2010
- EXPEDIT board in IKEA sale corner to a nice coffee...
- Here's What You're Saying & The "How To"!
- Giveaway weekend!
- GRONO/JUTIS Floorstand Lamp
- Great stamp collection on the Rast
- Thanksgiving Centerpieces
- The Olivia Palermo Show
- Barneys 2010: Have a Foodie Holiday!
- Masking tape my IKEA world
- The garage decrapification (again)
- Winners and a video
- Malm bed with loads of underbed storage
- Templeton: Part Deux
- Bonde sideboard with tree legs
- Wild Thing Chair
- Welcome Back Thru Dutch Doors
- Mama’s got a brand new tool
- Everything's Coming Up Daisy
- The Art of the Scrapbook
- A hidden memo board
- Don't Call it a Comeback
- Lack Torrone Table
- Mr. Hadley's Finest Room
- Ikea Avsikt now soft closes!
- VIKA desk goes glam
- Designer Visions: Steven Gambrel for Town & Countr...
- A thankful foyer
- A Night Off
- Sunny in Soho
- Giveaway Weekend!
- "Minibar" Ikea Style
- Jolie Laide
- Lack shelving unit as dining benches
- Bonde Credenza Hack
- Designer Visions: Wall Street by Richard Hallberg
- Making the old new again (spray paint love)
- Hacker help: Any ideas on how to turn the Mala int...
- Color Wheel Sunburst Skoj Clock
- Lovely Lime Wood
- How To: Make a Mod Chandelier (for under $10.00!)
- IVETOFTA Industrial Firepot
- Reporting in Style
- The Maskros flower
- Tricky Tricky! (Window treatments)
- Thanks Ivy & Piper!
- Turn Jonisk table lamp into pendant
- Designer Visions: Phoebe and Jim Howard for House ...
- I was a rockstar, hanging guitar
- Giveaway winners!
- Joan Mitchell: The Last Decade
- IKEA blue bag dress
- Sweet Nothings
- Lovely English Tudor- Is that in London?
- When Chanel met IKEA - fall fur accessories
- Old coffee presses for new
- Get ready (cause here it comes!!)
- A Fashionably Chic Retreat
- Heat Wave
- ▼ November (127)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)