Twig Accents

Country Living
I have always had a love affair with twig furniture. When I was in my twenties, I bought several beautiful pieces at flea market off the back of twig artist's truck. A few cushions from Pier One and viola I had living room set. My friends thought I was strange to use outdoor furniture inside, but I thought I was very chic.
McClellan Design
Of course over the years, my love for twig furniture has not diminished but I no longer feel the need to have a living room filled with it. I prefer it in a sun room or porch.
Oak Hill
Isn't this a very interesting and beautiful way to use of birch twigs and branches? This room almost looks as if it is built into the trees.
Notice the ceiling detail and pattern of the branches. Isn't it wonderful?
It looks as if each branch was hand cut to fit around the arched window.
Pinch
I do love twig furniture as a accent though. I love the texture and organic feeling it brings into a room. Adding a small focal point like this side table can add some great texture to a room.
Here is another great example also from Pinch.
Here is designer John Pinch at his booth showing the versatility - Is it a table or a bench?
Style Files profiled exactly how to make a copy of the Pinch design at home. Click on the link for the directions. they are in Dutch, but pretty self explanatory.

Adding twig furniture is a simple way to bring the outdoors in and add some interest and texture to your space.

Check out this stream