Wondering why.

I was going to blog about cleaning, organizing and decluttering tonight...but I just can't. Something is more important tonight...many "things" actually.

When I first started blogging, I was completely overwhelmed by how many creative women are out there. It quite literally leaves me sitting with my mouth hanging open in front of the computer screen...thinking, How cool is that? And, How did she think of that? It has been a wonderful discovery for me. I am amazed at the talented women out there...whether it be writing, crafting, cooking or decorating. I am in awe.

Lately though, I am overcome for another reason. I am floored at the power of blogging and more importantly, the power of prayer. I have read so many heartbreaking stories on blogs, mostly to do with children. Children who are sick. Children who have died. Women who have lost babies....it goes on and on. Grief for these women has overcome me many times. And I am reminded again, how fortunate I am.

When the worst happens -- we ask why?

Why would God take a child?
Why would God take a mother or daddy?
Why do we have to deal with cancer, illness?

I believe that these people suffer so that we can remember how lucky we are, and not take advantage of one second of our blessings. I believe they have been dealt that nasty card so that we never forget how fortunate we are. I wish no one had to do that for us. It is a cruel reminder but sometimes it's the only way I can explain how God works.

Many times over the past few days, reading about so many families who have suffered loss...I have cried and asked why. No matter how I try to explain it, I don't understand the lesson in losing a child, or having a child suffer. And then I go to my sleeping baby. Look at him. Touch his cheek. And I remember these families. I pray for them and for us.

Here are a few of the sites that I have visited recently who need your prayers...whether it be for something that just happened yesterday or two years ago...

Pray for Jessica's son over at The Russo Corner.

Pray that Kelly's baby daughter continues to fight her illness over at Kelly's Corner.

I was up till 1 a.m. reading Angie's story at Bring the Rain on Friday night. I cried. And cried. And cried some more. Pray for her family that they will continue to heal with each day.

Pray for Adrienne, who has endured what I don't think I possibly could.

For Jessica, who lost her daughter this past Friday. She was only two months older than my son. I don't know how to deal with this. I don't know how.

I am humbled. So quickly it can be gone.

Life is so precious.

My heart hurts tonight.

I am going to go kiss my sleeping child, snuggle next to my husband and say a prayer.

I am so thankful. For the good and what the bad teaches us.

If you know someone that needs prayers, post a link in your comments.

Check out this stream