Window Shopping at the Winter Antiques Show

The Young Collector's Night at the Winter Antiques Show is more about socializing than checking out the booths so I went back on Saturday to really explore the show. Even if you can't afford anything, I highly recommend that you attend events such as this because it's a great environment to educate yourself and your eye. So many of the antiquarians were eager to talk more about a particular artist or piece and I learned so much. Also, a lot people can be intimidated by very high end antique shops but a show allows you to roam around without feeling out of place.

I was especially impressed by Michael Berna of Macklowe Gallery who took the time to explain why a particular citrine ring was a perfect example of 1940's design. I wish I could have afforded that one and a French ring from A La Vieille Russie that was from the 1960's. The colored stones reminded me of the colors that Stefano Pilati uses at YSL now.

I was also inspired by all the flame stitch embroideries that I noticed. Of course, the pattern reminds one of Missoni but it was the color combinations that made me think they would make wonderful color palettes for a room. You never know where inspiration may strike so get out there! You may also learn something too!









Check out this stream