I will spray paint ANYTHING.

Soooo...I still have a cell phone held together by tape...but...

I got my new bamboo shades for the family room! Whooty. Hoo. I love them. I shopped everywhere and ended up just getting them at Target for $35 each. Unfortunately/fortunately we have very tall windows, so I had to pay more for the 72 inchers:

I am SO over our blinds. UGH. We have the bamboo shades in a couple other rooms as well and I just love them, and I think slowly but surely I will replace all the blinds. This time I invested in the privacy liners for the back of them as well.

I wanted them in our bedroom so bad but didn't want to spend another $70...so I borrowed them from another room. They weren't the right color though. I tried (so hard!) to just live with them but just couldn't.

I got the great? crazy? idea to spray paint them -- and two cans of chocolate brown spray paint later:

Oh my. Loverly. Exactly what I wanted. It was crazy easy. I didn't even paint the other side, since I used the privacy liners again. Here's the honey color they were before with the new chocolate brown comparison:

So easy! So cheap! And they make the room super dark too. I loooove our room dark as long as possible in the morning.

So to answer your burning question about the hardwood/laminate in the last post...I told you it's hard to tell anymore! The FIRST picture (of the two) is the real thing!! (And cost a LOT more than the other one...) See...hard to tell, eh?

P.S. Our floors (in the very first pic) are Pergo, color is Santos Cherry, from Home Depot. Heart them.

Check out this stream