NUMERAR Guitars


Materials: NUMERAR wooden countertop

Description: After seeing another hack on this site where someone made a guitar out of a wooden cutting board, I decided to try it for myself. They don't carry that cutting board at Ikea anymore, but I did find two NUMERAR wooden countertops in the scratch 'n' dent section for $10 each instead of about $90 each.

I reused the necks from two guitars belonging to myself and a friend. I topped mine with a Brazilian rosewood veneer and his with something called "wormy ambrosia maple."


All together it took about 6 months to do both guitars, as much because of procrastination as anything. I'm happy with how they turned out, but it was a lot of work and I don't think I'll be building anything else for a while.


~ Scott Porter, Ft. Worth, Texas

Check out this stream