Tonne Times Two

I don't usually like repeating photos or stories but I recently found the rest of the missing pages from September 2001 Vogue magazine article about the beautiful townhouse belonging to Tonne Goodman and her family. Tonne used to model and has worked at Vogue for many years and also has immpecible taste. I love her home and wanted to share the rest of the photos with you including the one of the mantlepiece above with Louise Dahl-Wolfe portraits of legendary Vogue editors Diana Vreeland and Carmet Snow. I love them mixed with the earthy elements of stones and antlers.

I have been seeing a lot of photographic style lamps lately but this one has to be the most beautiful. It is Mariano Fortuny from Ecart and looks so interesting next to the art propped casually against the wall.

Goodman's son takes a spin on what have to be the most fantastic dark wood floors. They are so shiny that they look like liquid reflecting the light. Love them!

In the drawing room, a painting by David Hackler hangs above a Shabby Chic sofa. Does anyone ever buy Shabby Chic anymore? I feel like it was all the range a few years ago but no one would be caught dead in one of their stores now, but I could be wrong. It looks nice in the room though. I love the intricate mouldings throughout too!

The vintage looking rowing machine is the epitome of chic and fits in well with the real mid-century vintage string chair and the giltwood framed mirror that is original to the house. Again, I love the art propted up against the walls.

The string chair is reflected in the same mirror as above. Could you imagine having room for something so large and show-stopping?! The stair railing looks like one aspect that was probably modernized from the original that would have be found in the townhouse.

The bedroom seems very simple and elegant as does the entire townhouse but with a sense of whimsey as it also at that time housed young children. It would be fun to see if it how, if at all, it has progressed and evolved as the children have grown and furnishings and accessories have come and gone. I wish Vogue should give another peak inside. May I suggest a future Vogue Living story perhaps. I know I would enjoy revisiting this townhouse again and I hope you have too!

Check out this stream