Patience grasshopper (kids room inspiration)

I know. I KNOW. I hate that I have to do it, but I am going to reveal the big boy room later this weekend.

I KNOW! Stop yelling at me! :)

Life has gotten in the way this week just a bit, so I’m going to finish up the little details tomorrow and then take pics this weekend. I will tell you, it is so beautiful. I’m not even kidding…I just adore this room. It is now our favorite in the house!

So bear with me – I have a great giveaway for you Squeezies tomorrow (you don’t want to miss it!) and I’ll post the room Sunday night.

Anyhoooooo…I thought I would share some lovely toddler rooms I’ve seen around the Net lately. They are a little heavy on the boy side, but I did that on purpose – I’ve mentioned before I think boys rooms are hard!

These are some of my favorites from Pottery Barn Kids:

LOVE the big fire truck print on the wall, love the molding, love the white and red together. And the chocolate brown on the walls and how it ties in with the bed is genius. They know what they’re doing, those Pottery Barn peeps!

A naval inspired room is so classic and fun, and with some added pirate-inspired whimsy it is perfect for a little boy:

img35lThat bed is the coolest! Here’s another:

img84lLove the sail too. Do you see the rope and knot detail on the wall above the chair rail? And that navy blue…you know I’m swooning!

Of course this little girl’s room is adorable, but my favorite part is the massive memo board behind the bed:

Love how huge it is and love the bright green frame! This gives me an idea for our office…

There are a few lovelies in this one that stuck out to me:

The bedding is just beautiful. The branches with flowers hanging from them – you could SO do that! And the birdcages hanging are a great finishing touch.

Restoration Hardware started a baby/child line a couple years ago, and I’ve always loved how elegant their products are:

Are you swooning?!

I found some fun ideas at Better Homes and Gardens too. Love the firehouse as a headboard!:

fire house headboard And did you see the bed? What little boy wouldn’t adore that?

How cool is this? Fish tanks hung on the wall, with plants inside:

fish bowlsLove the typography on the wall, in different sizes and shapes. Awesome!:

typographyThis one stuck out to me and now I know why:

primary colors room

Uh DUH. Same navy blue walls, same grayish blue ceiling, same (but much nicer!) built ins. And it’s all primary colors just like his room!

Someday I am going to have a window seat like that installed in the Bub’s room. Window seats make me all gushy – I’ve never had one but always wanted one. :)

Got a kid’s room you want to share? Link up to it in the comments! I’ve never had more fun doing a room than this one and I can’t wait to show you! Thanks for your patience with me. ;)

Check out this stream