It ain't got no alibi. Our shower is UGLY.
Yeah! Yeah! It's ugly!
The shower is the ONE item in our house I couldn't get our builders to budge on. The shower doors are CRAZY low. It's nuts! We both have to bend down to get out of the shower, or we'll bonk our heads. The builder swore up and down they couldn't get a taller shower door. Huh.
Anyhoo, until we completely tile the whole bathroom, including the shower, (which will be most likely in my dreams only), I had to figure out a solution to hide this nasty thing:
I know, I didn't even match the towels or hang them up nice for ya'll. Just keepin' it real. :)
For a while I considered making a shower curtain and couldn't decide if it would work well. Then, one day Shannon posted hers and it was exactly what I was thinking!! I knew I had to do it.
I used simple white terrycloth instead of decorative fabric, so I won't stress if it gets wet. I found some grosgrain ribbon that matched the room and used my hemming tape to make a large rectangle, just to add some detail:
A cheapy almond colored shower rod was transformed with oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I used drapery rings from Lowe's to hang the curtain:
It will be open 99 percent of the time -- I think the only time we'll close it is when we have company over. But I love it open and closed!
The only problem -- one thing leads to another and now I need white rugs. Argh!! Isn't that always the way?
I'm having another Linky party ladies -- show everyone your Goodwill/thrift store/garage sale transformations! Fun, eh? I'll link it up on Monday, May 4th, so you have plenty of time to find that perfect item and make it caaaute!
Also, if you've tried anything I've posted about, I'd love to see it! I love when you e-mail me and show me what you've done! I'm going to do a post and share all of your projects, so if you have something you want to share that I inspired you to do, please e-mail me!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Junior League House Tour
- Announcing Harry Heissmann, Inc.
- Blue and White
- Charging Station
- God made iPhones for bloggers
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Bunny Williams
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: English Basement
- Smilla construction helmet lamp
- Fniss gadget organizer and charger
- Pardon me while I lean out the window and cut some...
- Swedish Decor in the Hamptons
- The easiest, cheapest, custom drapes EVER.
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designers: Juan Montoya, ...
- Wall shelf from a coffee table with a bonus end ta...
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Charlotte Moss
- Classic Nautical Design by Suzanne Kasler
- Little updates
- Kiddy hacks
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Bathrooms
- Getting the ideal laundry hamper
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Lichten Craig
- Under-sofa toy story
- A lamp transformation
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Kathy Abbott
- It's a girl thing
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Special Events
- Lack coffee table gets a mosaic top
- Home and Garden hosts Suzanne Kasler
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House: Stairs and Landings
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Christopher Col...
- U.G.L.Y. (DIY shower curtain)
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Eileen Kathryn ...
- Spring Has Finally Sprung!
- Spinning version inspired by CB2's Arch Magazine R...
- Garage sale season is here!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Donald Schermer...
- Josh's restaurant wall art
- A new room to decorate -- help me decide!
- 2009 Kips Bay Show House Designer: Garrow Kedigian...
- A bright spark for the Gestalta
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House Preview
- Liatorp-Billy fusion book cases
- Spring Fever
- Swede Hill - Green on Block Island
- Make a sofa table for under $20. (For real.)
- Pax wardrobe toy storage
- Green Acres
- Happy Easter!
- Transforming a Goodwill coffee table
- A woody window sill
- Visiting on Magazine Street
- April Showers
- I have...
- They had me at Hello!
- Trofast changing table
- Albert Hadley Drawings for Sale!
- Thank you!
- I will spray paint ANYTHING.
- Bathroom mirror, more than meets the eye
- The Bachelor Pad Photo Shoot Story
- The Great Debate: Laminate or hard wood?
- Sarah's chop and shove kitchen cart and circular s...
- A bouquet lamp
- Elizabeth Martin Design
- Tara Shaw Maison -The New Classics
- Three Days of the Condor
- Easy drapery tricks
- Dream Design Team
- A massive built-in project
- Snug desk in laundry room
- New York Design Center Sample Sale
- The transformation of a room.
- Art Smart: April Ugallery Picks
- Colour my kitchen!
- ▼ April (75)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)