Tinsley Moves Up

I know other people have posted some of these photos already but I really like Tinsley Mortimer's new apartment and couldn't resist. Especially since she's a fellow New Yorker. I also just realized that I haven't profiled any interiors this week and was afraid my readers might stage a revolt soon.

First, I have to say how glad I am that Tinsley and her husband moved from Murry Hill (social siberia) to the Upper East Side, where all the other socialites reside. I'm sure she feels very at home there. Tinsley had a little help with the decorating from her mother-in-law, Senga Mortimer, who is an editor at House Beautiful. Makes me wonder why the home was profiled in HB instead of Harper's Bazaar but anyway, I like the mix of traditional and modern pieces. It's also easy to see Tinsley's Southern roots in the apartment in the form of ancestral portraits.

For a socialite who's claim to fame is her girly style, the apartment is surprisingly grown up too. Wedding pictures and family heirlooms grace an 18th-century marble-top chest above.

Tinsley's china and and crystal are from William Yeoward.

The dining room not only looks very traditional but also very Southern. I love the wallcoverings.

I was very impressed that Tinsley chose her linens from Schweitzer Linen, the place where insiders know to go for luxurious linens at a great price. Love the Scalamandre covered headboard too.

I love that they used the same pattern from the headboard on the closet. "Tinsley's treasures (from Lia Sophia cuffs to Amedeo by M+M Scognamiglio cameos) are kept in a Smythson of Bond Street case." Must be nice.

Photos by Douglas Friedman for March 2008 Harper's Bazaar

Check out this stream