It's bliss when you find something (cheap, especially) and it fits in perfectly. Christian gets just that with his bargain buy and ends up with a floating computer desk.
He says, "I got this Vika Blecket with Vika Curry legs second hand from this guy on craigslist. Now, I have this closet in my living room that I removed the sliding doors with the intent of putting a desk in there. When I got this Vika desk home, I found out it was the perfect size for the closet.
So this was great, but there seemed to be a little wobble with the desk, also I am a big fan of higher, standing desks so I thought I could do that with this. My first idea was to have a sort of 'platform' built that would just raise the table up, but one day I suddenly realized I could just create a little border around the closet walls (maybe an inch thick) and I could rest the table top on top of the pieces of wood or whatever.
So I went to Ikea to get a chair (you know, for sitting), and I got lucky by finding a few spare pieces of wood in the as-is area that were the perfect size for this project. I went home and after much experimenting I mounted the pieces to the closet walls, removed the Vika Curry legs and rested the Blecket right on there.
Under the table you will see a Trofast system that fits quite well underneath and works great as drawers for stuff.
The lights are Larga lights mounted to the closet shelf. The small table thing that my monitor is on is a Viktor shelf attached to ... legs... I can't remember the name of them!
Oh and I took the old Vika Curry legs and put them on a spare Lack side table that I had. Made this cute little table thing."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- Squares and stripes
- Bob Collins at Todd Romano
- Cheers, it's a Kegerator!
- Antony Todd on Sale
- It. was. awesome.
- At Home in Argentina
- Compact music studio
- Ghost Chair Metamorphosis
- Habitually Chic Boutique: Etiqueta Negra
- In Atlanta!
- Check HER out!
- Castle Crush
- Add light to this watering can
- Free paint?!
- Habitually Chic Movie of the Week: Cheri
- Finding a Niche for a Home Office
- Cosy nook for the bed
- Similar Style
- I want to ride my bicycle...
- Floating computer desk
- My fruity kitchen.
- Lauren Moffatt Online Sample Sale
- Haus Interior
- Bookcases to bay window seat
- Surf's Up!
- Ikea strainer Wi-Fi antenna
- Gumball fish tank
- Happy Summer!
- A Perfect Match
- Happy Father's (and Belated Mother's) Day!
- HUE by Kelly Wearstler
- Wet Weekend
- Hackea: A $2.99 laptop stand and more
- Giveaway! And another giveaway!
- Meet Monelle
- Whitney Art Party Wrap Up
- Ikea home for chicks
- Art Party
- Hand embroidered Svenning chair
- One dollar kitchen decor.
- Stefano Tonchi Lives Large
- Studio Sofield
- Stockholm shadows on the wall
- Thomas O'Brien: Part Deux
- Hardware in the Christopher Peacock Style Kitchen
- An armchair to go
- Thomas O'Brien: American Modern
- The cutest little bench you ever did see.
- Ugallery Winner!
- Coffey Creek Farm
- Hang with these hackeas
- Another lamp transformation!
- Tastemaker's Tag Sale: Hamptons Edition
- A Bekvam and Molger bathroom remodel
- Summertime Blues
- Outdoor cooking with the Varde
- Constructive criticism (?!)
- Ana Ros
- Venny Notebook Bag
- Thank you!
- Catching the sun with the Solig mobile
- Oh Baby Update
- Decor Medley Interview
- How to paint laminate.
- Art Smart: June Ugallery Picks and Giveaway
- Slettvoll Summer
- Suzanne Kasler for Hickory Chair
- Hickory Chair Factory Tour: Day 2
- Two summer totes
- All things PAINT!
- Hickory Chair Factory Tour: Day One
- 3 Ikea hackeas with stickers
- Not Your Grandmother's Hickory Chair
- Bat hacking
- I'm Back Y'all!
- Gettin' my craft on.
- Catalano Architects' Oyster Harbor Home
- Varde goes on the LA Times
- ▼ June (79)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)