Why I always, always, ALWAYS use primer.

Now I always, always, ALWAYS use primer. Back in the day (even a year ago) I sometimes skipped this step. (Check out my very first post on this blog...)
I sanded this island within an inch of it's life. I'm not kidding. Then I used liquid sander. You see what still happened when I started taking off the molding yesterday?:
Peeled. right. off. Oh well, I'm redoing the island anyway, and I'm almost done. I LOVE IT PEOPLE!!

I'm hoping to finish painting it tomorrow, but for now, it involved some of this...And some of this...

HELLOOOO LOVAH!!

Oh baby, my nail gun is going to be soooo jealous of you my sweet, sweet Lovely.

I hope to post the finished island this weekend. And yes, it is something you can do. And yes, it's easy. AND YES, it's cheap. (As long as you don't buy a $110 miter saw in the process.)

Check out this stream