cathi finds an easy to clean solution for her kitchen island breakfast counter.
cathi says, "i decided i wanted to construct a kitchen island out of the ikea varde base cabinet. we wanted something that we could gather the whole family at for breakfast, that would up the fancy factor in our kitchen and make clean up a breeze. this is it. we took out the drawers and screwed 3/4" exterior grade plywood to the top, and installed granite tiles to the top (much cheaper than a slab of granite!) added a bull-nose to the edge and viola! a pretty sharp looking island, if i do say so myself."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- please take a seat
- My Life in a Nutshell!
- When it rains, it pours...
- hackeas: ideas that make you go 'why didn't i thin...
- Giuseppe Panza: Memories of a Collector
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House 2008
- Greek Revival Pool House
- Habitually Chic Designer: David Lawrence
- hopen to store all your dvds?
- Spring International Art & Antiques Show
- Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse - Part One
- sandrine's show and tell
- It's Here!
- You Know You Love It!
- crochet table decorations
- Happy Earth Day!
- fancy lamp at a down to earth price
- How the Other Half Lives
- an armoire to organize craft supplies
- The World According to Ralph
- And one to grow on...
- glam up your glimt
- one hack of a cover up
- It's Never too Late to Start!
- Habitually Chic Nina Griscom
- stitch witch to the rescue
- Beautiful Tables
- gather round the breakfast bar
- Meet Michelle Adams of Rubie Green
- Become Your Dream
- duvet cover to jacket
- as-is: bar table with 3 stools going for $35
- Shopping on Lexington
- New York in Bloom!
- under counter cd storage
- My New Favorite Designer: Darryl Carter
- the well lit living room
- selamat design offer and a chat with date my house...
- NathanEgan Interiors
- rose wardrobe closet
- Au Currant
- boring room for your kid? here's what jo did!
- I Heart John Derian - Part Deux
- rug based anti-development humor
- I Heart John Derian!
- Spring has Finally Sprung in New York!
- and this is how you should do a loft
- Swedish Kitchens from Kvänum Kok
- just as versatile: the lack shelving unit
- Spring Pleasures
- stuff you can do with lack shelves
- Josephine Ryan and the French Home
- The Color Red!
- same table, different styles
- ▼ April (54)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)