When I was shopping on Lexington this past weekend, I walked past Nina Griscom's fabulous shop. I only go into the store when I'm shopping for clients since it's beyond expensive but it's fun to window shop. Her New York townhouse was featured in House & Garden a few years back and it's worth a revisit. She has impeccable taste and a great eye which she credits to her friend Bill Blass who taught her great lessons on how to collect antiques. I think the thing I like best about her home is that it's not too girly. I find it strong yet soothing. Also, elegant but still welcoming. It's definitely a grown up home and you can see that Mr. Blass taught her well. Her antiques are divine. I would love to own a home and shop as chic as Nina Griscom's someday so I might have to contact her next for some inspirational words of wisdom! I'm sure she's got a lot to share!
UPDATE: For more un-styled photos of Ms. Griscom's fabulous home, check out an in depth interview on New York Social Diary. Thanks to Mitsouko in Toronto for the link. I can't believe I missed it!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- please take a seat
- My Life in a Nutshell!
- When it rains, it pours...
- hackeas: ideas that make you go 'why didn't i thin...
- Giuseppe Panza: Memories of a Collector
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House 2008
- Greek Revival Pool House
- Habitually Chic Designer: David Lawrence
- hopen to store all your dvds?
- Spring International Art & Antiques Show
- Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse - Part One
- sandrine's show and tell
- It's Here!
- You Know You Love It!
- crochet table decorations
- Happy Earth Day!
- fancy lamp at a down to earth price
- How the Other Half Lives
- an armoire to organize craft supplies
- The World According to Ralph
- And one to grow on...
- glam up your glimt
- one hack of a cover up
- It's Never too Late to Start!
- Habitually Chic Nina Griscom
- stitch witch to the rescue
- Beautiful Tables
- gather round the breakfast bar
- Meet Michelle Adams of Rubie Green
- Become Your Dream
- duvet cover to jacket
- as-is: bar table with 3 stools going for $35
- Shopping on Lexington
- New York in Bloom!
- under counter cd storage
- My New Favorite Designer: Darryl Carter
- the well lit living room
- selamat design offer and a chat with date my house...
- NathanEgan Interiors
- rose wardrobe closet
- Au Currant
- boring room for your kid? here's what jo did!
- I Heart John Derian - Part Deux
- rug based anti-development humor
- I Heart John Derian!
- Spring has Finally Sprung in New York!
- and this is how you should do a loft
- Swedish Kitchens from Kvänum Kok
- just as versatile: the lack shelving unit
- Spring Pleasures
- stuff you can do with lack shelves
- Josephine Ryan and the French Home
- The Color Red!
- same table, different styles
- ▼ April (54)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)