Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Did you know that New York actually has a very low carbon footprint compared to the rest of the US? "The city's emissions were just under one percent of the nation's, with about 2.7 percent of the national population of 300 million. That means the city emits only about one-third as much as the rest of the nation does on average, mostly because of its strong city and metro region public transit." The city was one of the first to switch to "clean fuel" buses which is a huge help but I also like to think it has something to do with the fact that Central Park accounts for 843 acres of the city. There are also many other parks and green areas, including the median on Park Avenue above that blooms every spring with tulips. Happy Earth Day!
Posted by ahmed at 9:26 AM
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- please take a seat
- My Life in a Nutshell!
- When it rains, it pours...
- hackeas: ideas that make you go 'why didn't i thin...
- Giuseppe Panza: Memories of a Collector
- Kips Bay Decorator Show House 2008
- Greek Revival Pool House
- Habitually Chic Designer: David Lawrence
- hopen to store all your dvds?
- Spring International Art & Antiques Show
- Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse - Part One
- sandrine's show and tell
- It's Here!
- You Know You Love It!
- crochet table decorations
- Happy Earth Day!
- fancy lamp at a down to earth price
- How the Other Half Lives
- an armoire to organize craft supplies
- The World According to Ralph
- And one to grow on...
- glam up your glimt
- one hack of a cover up
- It's Never too Late to Start!
- Habitually Chic Nina Griscom
- stitch witch to the rescue
- Beautiful Tables
- gather round the breakfast bar
- Meet Michelle Adams of Rubie Green
- Become Your Dream
- duvet cover to jacket
- as-is: bar table with 3 stools going for $35
- Shopping on Lexington
- New York in Bloom!
- under counter cd storage
- My New Favorite Designer: Darryl Carter
- the well lit living room
- selamat design offer and a chat with date my house...
- NathanEgan Interiors
- rose wardrobe closet
- Au Currant
- boring room for your kid? here's what jo did!
- I Heart John Derian - Part Deux
- rug based anti-development humor
- I Heart John Derian!
- Spring has Finally Sprung in New York!
- and this is how you should do a loft
- Swedish Kitchens from Kvänum Kok
- just as versatile: the lack shelving unit
- Spring Pleasures
- stuff you can do with lack shelves
- Josephine Ryan and the French Home
- The Color Red!
- same table, different styles
- ▼ April (54)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)