Cheap art

I needed something to fill a large wall in our powder room and came across a print I thought would work well. It was in those bins of posters/art at the back of the craft store -- the bins I haven't rummaged through since college!

I found a $10 poster...






And used frames I had to create this...



I bought poster boards, painted them chocolate brown, and then cut the photos down to the size I wanted. I placed the photos on top with double sided tape. If you want to spend a little more, you could have actual mats cut for the pictures, and then paint them. But I'm a thrifty decor chick and I'm impatient. :)

Total cost for this project was $6 for the art (I had a 40 percent off coupon baby!) and $1.50 for three poster boards. If you don't have the frames, look for them at half off. Or use a bunch of smaller frames you already have and cut one large poster/picture/image into smaller pieces. Cheap, one-of-a-kind art!

Check out this stream