Falling in love.

I love our home. I know everyone has affection for their homes, but I am IN LOVE with our home, like it's a part of our family. It's not surprising, as I have quite literally put my blood, sweat and tears into it. I hear about families who lose their homes to floods, fire and other natural disasters and my heart absolutely breaks for them.

Your home should be where you feel completely comfortable, where you can play with your children (and not be devastated if something breaks!), and where you can totally relax. When we walk into our home, it feels like a big hug. That's totally goofy, I know, but it's true. I wish that feeling on everyone and that's why I share ways to make your home YOURS.

As I work on updating different rooms in our house, I fall in love with it even more. The latest is our master bedroom. They say the master is always the last to get the decorating attention and that's true even of me. I have paid more attention to the master closet than the bedroom! But just by finishing up the paint, moving some things around and getting new bedding...I am falling in love. Now as soon as we walk in there, it feels so warm and cozy and US.

A little goes a long way. So far I've paid $36 for bedding from Ebay (although I'm still not sure if it's staying yet) and $20 on canvases for art above the fireplace. Everything else I rearranged or pulled from other rooms. I can't believe the difference.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- it doesn't take much to put your personal touch on your home. Don't hesitate -- you won't be sorry, I promise. Your house will give you a big hug for it. ;)

Check out this stream