while i think it is better to give the whole sum than just a dollar to save the children and unicef to benefit the world’s children, if you do have to buy a soft toy this christmas, pick one from ikea. the big yellow and blue will be giving a dollar on each toy purchased to the funds.
to get the dollar in perspective:
- one dollar provides one child with a polio vaccination
- one dollar could provide a pen and note book for five children
this event will go on in 200 ikea stores worldwide between nov 18 and dec 24.
hey, perhaps you could even tell the kid receiving your toy that his or her gift has gone to help another boy or girl. it's a long shot but if it helps my nephews see christmas as more than gimme-gimme-gimme, it's money well spent.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- Vote for the ikea hack of the year
- have a scandinavian christmas
- organise your expedit bookcase
- last minute gift guide
- need ideas on mounting scavenged lack shelves
- hang up your tv
- diy mood lamp
- happy winners!
- andrew's daybed turned banquette
- andrew's tv bench turned floating desk
- create a picture rail for your workstation
- can you decipher this ikea word art?
- $1 is a fortune!
- simple way to hide ugly cables under your desk
- ▼ December (14)