not quite a full-fledged hack but i liked richard's idea of sanding down the mackis drawers to fit the expedit bookcase. a great idea if you're thinking of ways to organise your bookcase.
"the drawers are stock ikea drawers, but i had to sand quite a bit (3/16", i think) off the boxes to make them fit. it's really annoying that they don't just naturally fit in there, but with them stuffed into the shelving unit it has a bit more structural integrity now. i also added a wine rack out of some plywood left over from building a pair of donald judd-style benches." link.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- Vote for the ikea hack of the year
- have a scandinavian christmas
- organise your expedit bookcase
- last minute gift guide
- need ideas on mounting scavenged lack shelves
- hang up your tv
- diy mood lamp
- happy winners!
- andrew's daybed turned banquette
- andrew's tv bench turned floating desk
- create a picture rail for your workstation
- can you decipher this ikea word art?
- $1 is a fortune!
- simple way to hide ugly cables under your desk
- ▼ December (14)