Bye Bye Blueprint. According to a memo sent yesterday from Susan Lyne at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Blueprint is folding. First House and Garden and now Blueprint. Am I going to have to start my own shelter magazine just so we have something to read?! Jeez. Good thing the UK and Australia continue to publish fabulous magazines, otherwise, my local newsstand might have to go out of business soon.
From: Communications Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 10:51 AM
To: MSO Subject: Memo from Susan Lyne
MEMO FROM SUSAN LYNE
After much discussion and analysis we have made a decision to produce Blueprint as focused special interest issues within the home category, which we will introduce to brides-to-be through our Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. Bluelines, the Blueprint blog, will continue and we plan to grow Blueprint digital content across our websites. We will discontinue publishing Blueprint magazine on a stand-alone basis after the January/February 2008 issue.
Our strategic plans also call for continuing to build our overall Martha Stewart Weddings business by adding destination weddings issues and further developing our weddings website.
We believe Blueprint will be more sustainable if leveraged as part of the established Martha Stewart Weddings franchise. Both appeal to women at a similar life stage and we believe this strategy will allow us to better take advantage of the synergistic relationship between the two publications. By publishing Blueprint in a special interest format, we can provide newlyweds with useful ideas and inspiration for their homes; and advertisers with a targeted platform to reach this highly desirable consumer.
The moves enable us to redirect a portion of our investment dollars into other high-potential digital media initiatives, further develop our Martha Stewart Weddings franchise and create efficiencies in our Publishing business. There will be a reduction in staff associated with not publishing Blueprint as a full-frequency magazine, but we expect to re-assign a core team of employees to existing businesses and new projects at MSLO.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Sarah, Deb, and Amy, and the entire Blueprint team for the talent, passion, and devotion they brought to this start-up. We love what they created and we'll miss reading Blueprint in print on a regular basis. But we believe these changes will position the company well in this evolving marketplace. We look forward to working with Sarah, Deb, Amy, and other members of the Blueprint team on the new special interest issues and other company endeavors.
And what are us single gals supposed to read??? I'm not buying Martha Stewart Living Weddings for design advice, thank you very much! If Elle Decor or Domino ever fold, I'm gonna cry!
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- Happy New Year from New York!
- and so we've come to the end...
- 2007 from the rear view mirror
- Ready for Take Off
- a new bathroom for a new year
- stencil your slipcovers for a fresh new look
- a kickass litterbox cabinet
- Winter in Stockholm
- make an ivar trellis
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!
- Santa Baby
- glamorized isig christmas ornaments
- The Design Police
- ikea gorm art
- If You Dream It...It Will Come
- a simple mod on the lack tv unit
- sylvie's delightful green bathroom
- m2jl's ikea hacks
- Something for the Boys
- New Elle Decor
- Elle Decor Cover News
- Peter Som for Bill Blass
- a doctor's front desk
- brighten your room with holiday lighting hacks
- A Few of My Favorite Things: Winter Edition
- dennis the menace returns in an ikea stool
- Another One Bites the Dust
- Bonjour Paree!
- a canoe canopy
- Christmas at Biltmore
- make your own kitchen island with breakfast counte...
- calling for canadian hackers!
- Paris Review Auction
- Busy Avenue of Life
- Members Only
- how to raise the dining standards for your dog
- New Design Crush!
- are you game for this chair?
- omar pot rack
- Happy Hanukkah!
- a galant coffee table
- Elliott Puckette and Hugo Guinness
- an indoor greenhouse and other ideas for living wi...
- Christmas at the Townhouse
- what are your favourite gifts from ikea?
- hacking a turtle terrarium
- ▼ December (47)
- ► 2006 (137)