deanna made a litterbox cabinet for about $80. best thing is, no one needs to know that it is a litterbox.
1 akurum base cabinet with 2 arlig doors
a pair of shelves
4 tryggve shelves
"this is a really easy cabinet that requires no cutting tools (except a box cutter!)
i assembled the cabinet like normal except i cut the bottom third of the backboard off (use a box cutter and one of the shelves as a guide). i then pre-drilled some holes and then screwed the tryggve shelves in place. they lie flush with the front and sides, and overhang a good 6" off the back. this hides the fact that the cabinet is 6" from the wall.
i've seen many people cut holes in the side of the cabinet, but i don't have tools to do that. plus, if the entrance to the cabinet was on the side, the litter would still get tracked on the carpet. with the entrance at the back, any litter tracked on the carpet is behind the cabinet.
so far it works great. even with only half of the backing and cheap shelves for the top, the unit is very solid and stable. i am going to stain the wood and possibly paint a design on the melamine. right now i have a half of a bamboo roll-up blind serving as a place mat."
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- Happy New Year from New York!
- and so we've come to the end...
- 2007 from the rear view mirror
- Ready for Take Off
- a new bathroom for a new year
- stencil your slipcovers for a fresh new look
- a kickass litterbox cabinet
- Winter in Stockholm
- make an ivar trellis
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!
- Santa Baby
- glamorized isig christmas ornaments
- The Design Police
- ikea gorm art
- If You Dream It...It Will Come
- a simple mod on the lack tv unit
- sylvie's delightful green bathroom
- m2jl's ikea hacks
- Something for the Boys
- New Elle Decor
- Elle Decor Cover News
- Peter Som for Bill Blass
- a doctor's front desk
- brighten your room with holiday lighting hacks
- A Few of My Favorite Things: Winter Edition
- dennis the menace returns in an ikea stool
- Another One Bites the Dust
- Bonjour Paree!
- a canoe canopy
- Christmas at Biltmore
- make your own kitchen island with breakfast counte...
- calling for canadian hackers!
- Paris Review Auction
- Busy Avenue of Life
- Members Only
- how to raise the dining standards for your dog
- New Design Crush!
- are you game for this chair?
- omar pot rack
- Happy Hanukkah!
- a galant coffee table
- Elliott Puckette and Hugo Guinness
- an indoor greenhouse and other ideas for living wi...
- Christmas at the Townhouse
- what are your favourite gifts from ikea?
- hacking a turtle terrarium
- ▼ December (47)
- ► 2006 (137)