Apples, Pumpkins and Marching Band


That is what fall means to me. Apples because I can't get enough apple pie, cider, crisp, whatever, during the season. Pumpkins because of the pie (see a trend?) and, come on, they are pumpkins! And marching band because my hubby is a marching band director and for the past 16 years of my life (including when I was in the band), each fall has meant a competition every weekend.


I love all of it. Today, I schmushed all my loves for the season into one day. My Band Widow friend (our husband's work together) and I took our combined four boys (Yes, four boys!) to an orchard for an apple picking, horse riding, maze playing, pumpkin finding, hay riding, and spending-way-too-much-money day.


My Bub and I ended the day with a trip to watch the marching band, something he already enjoys (thank God!) and can't get enough of. It was a perfect, beautiful fall day and we had a blast.


In my opinion, the perfect end to a perfect day is homemade (kind of -- hey, I cut up the apples alright?) apple crisp and cider:




I'd love to hear what your favorites of the season are. Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. My Boy is on the right, on the left is one of his "older brothers." Cutie PATOOTS!

Check out this stream