Happy Birthday to me!


First off, I must preface this post by saying, I think your birthday should be a YOU day. I strongly believe in this, especially the older I get and now that I have a child. It's the only day of the year you can do what YOU want to do without feeling the mommy guilt, wife guilt, just plain GUILT. I always take the day off and do what I want to do. Cause it's my birthday.

I present to you, my birthday:


6 a.m. Kiss goodbye from Hubby. Loving! Now back to sleep...

8 a.m. Phone rings. It's my Dad calling to wish me Happy Birthday. Now, this is the one call I wait for every year on this day, but it's 8 a.m. On my birthday. And my present from my Bub was that he slept in till nine...so I stuffed the phone under the pillow and went back to sleep.

8:45 a.m.
Another call from Dad, on his way to work. Cursed, stuffed the phone under the covers, under a pillow...went back to sleep.

9 a.m. The Boy stirs so I get my lazy butt out of bed. Call my Dad back. (Love you!!) Lazy around with the Bub till around 10:30 when I take him to the sitter.

11 a.m. Trip to:
Ahhh, nothing better than a slow walk around this place, with $50 from Grandma burning a whole in my pocket. (Shout out to Grandma!)

12:30 p.m. Lunch downtown, paid for by my sweet, much younger sister. She has a real job now so this is expected. I eat a fried tenderloin sandwich and waffle fries. Cause it's my birthday.

2 p.m. This:

Now, if you haven't had a massage, I beg of you...go DO IT. It is the best hour you'll have all day, week, month. I started getting them monthly when I was pregnant. Now I'm down to a few a year and they are FAB. The first few minutes are kinda uncomfortable, but by the time you're done, you will swear you'll melt right into the table. Go, get one. Tomorrow.


3:30 p.m.
Trip to:





Sweet bliss, another hour to just take. my. time. Love it! Picked up stuff for three different projects. Yahoo!

6:30 p.m. Dinner at my favorite restaurant with three of my favorites in life: my sister, my Boy and my sweet hubby:

Can you tell they could be twins?? Ohhh...my heart melts.

Oh, and one of these...nice to see you again Marg! I've missed you!


I drove home jamming out to this. (OK, confession time, I am a HUGE NKOTB fan. Well, I was when I was 14. Now I am again. Nothing like them coming back to make you feel 14 on your 33rd birthday.)

I'm off to watch my recorded stories and the much anticipated Kath and Kim (I hope it's good!) I'll be back tomorrow with a project!


I am blessed.

Check out this stream