Michelle gives her laddle, skimmer and spatula the love they deserve by framing them in a Ribba shadow box. I love the idea - it's a fab way to show off your cooking utensils when not in use, rather than stashing them in the drawer or cramming them in an Ordning. Well, provided they are all shiny with no crusty burnt marks on them, er, like mine.
She says, "I recently moved into a new condo that has a tiny kitchen with extreme lack of counter space. I used to store cooking utensils (laddle, skimmer, spatula, etc) in the Ikea Ordning. But unfortunately, there isn't anymore room for it on my counter so I thought of a way to hang the utensils instead.
I used a Ribba shadow box with the Lansa black door handle. I had to change some the hardware (shorter screwn, washers, and botls) for the Lansa in order for it to securely fasten onto the board of the Ribba shadow box. I also painted the board that came with the shadow box the same color of the wall (light grey).
Below my utensil holder, I've also used the Kroken magnetic knife rack for my spices. The containers for the spices came from Canadian Tire.
This solution has been a big help in kitchen. Hopefully it'll help a lot of other people who have little to no counter space."
See more of Michelle's arty cooking utensil holder.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- Christmas through my son's eyes
- Tell us a few of your favorite things!!
- Got a front door?
- Purdiest Christmas tree EVER.
- Henriksdal gets a dye job
- Happy Thanksgiving!!
- This salad bowl sounds good
- Bare bones computer case
- Magic. Take Two.
- Bergdorf Goodman's White Christmas
- Domino Holiday Issue
- Mirrored vanity desk
- Out of Australia
- Ikea recalls Iris and Alvine Roman Blinds
- Lack light table for silkscreen painting
- Living in Flanders
- Countdowns for the kiddies!
- Do you follow?
- Going Grey
- I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
- Day of Blessed.
- Computer desk with PC nook
- Marie-Antoinette and the Last Garden at Versailles...
- Great Kitchen Design
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
- Need more prep space for your kitchen?
- Gifts I don't want to give.
- Hippie Holiday!
- TV unit with subwoofer space
- Tis Better to Give...
- And the winners are...
- A little light reading in bed
- Hair Apparent
- Ikea happenings
- Shout outs!
- The Room with a View
- Another Bachelor Pad
- Levende Kunst
- Playing in Tents!
- Ho ho holidays at Ikea
- I'm in the giving mood!
- The art of cooking utensils
- Velvet and Linen
- Kelly Klein at Home in Florida
- Complete your spa bathroom with a wooden shower ma...
- Tour of the pot-tay.
- Kelly Klein at Home
- Nick's butcher block work top
- Chic Coat Closet
- Make a slim and sexy entry way table
- Somebody stop me.
- Charlotte Moss Townhouse Closing Sale!
- Stark hall unit as a room divider
- Easy breakfast bar
- Sara Story Design
- Holy. Canoly.
- Art Smart
- 49 days and counting...oh IT'S ON!!
- Gimme Shelter
- Bedrest Sucks.
- A New Day
- Habitually Chic Designer: Thad Hayes
- Get art for $4
- Downtown with David
- Hack a window seat
- If you can't beat them, join them.
- Voting survival guide.
- ▼ November (70)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)