Marie-Antoinette and the Last Garden at Versailles

I think books make a wonderful present at the holidays. I always consider them the gift that keeps on giving. It gives someone away from home something to read and it gives others some quiet time away from their family..."I think I'm going to go upstairs and read my new book for a little while." Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, one of my favorites this year is Marie-Antoinette and the Last Garden at Versailles by landscape designer and garden expert, Christian Duvernois. Don't let the title fool you, this is much more than a garden book. It highlights everything related to Marie-Antoinette's folly including the architecture and interiors with breath taking photos by everyone's favorite photographer, François Halard. It would be the perfect gift for any Francophile or gardener. Or maybe you could buy a copy for yourself so you have an excuse to sneak off for some for some alone time!












Copyrighted photography by François Halard, Marie-Antoinette and the Last Garden at Versailles by Christian Duvernois, Rizzoli New York, 2008. Serial rights are available. Please contact Jessica Napp, jnapp@rizzoliusa.com.

Check out this stream