Monday, January 31, 2011
Materials: Kura Bed, wooden letters, wood cutouts, bunk bed curtain, paint, canopy, SMILA BLOMMA wall lamp
Description: We wanted our 4 year old daughter to have a bed with stairs leading to a loft to sleep and space underneath to use as a playhouse.
We bought a Kura bed, painted it 3 different colors. The trim is painted light pink, the smaller panel in front is fuchsia and the longer end panel is purple with pink slates. We added a princess canopy on top. We attached cutouts on the front panel and added wooden letters to the front panel with the words princess and her name. We made the bottom a playhouse by attaching a bunk bed curtain with working windows, curtains, and doors on the bottom of the bed using double-faced adhesive velcro and placing a pink SMILA BLOMMA wall lamp for her to use when she reads her books is hanging out in her "house" as she calls it.
See more at of the Kura bed with Playhouse.
~ Adrian and Leslie-Ann, Northern Virginia
- Hacker Help: Varde Base Cabinet into an Breakfast ...
- There was no line dancing…
- Design Trends!
- NYIGF 2011: A Few of My Favorite Things
- NYIGF 2011: Jonathan Adler
- When iMac goes to work
- Personalized Kura Bed fit for a Princess with Play...
- Mandal Nightstand Hack
- The Chic Catroux
- Giveaway Weekend
- Gift Show Guide
- Eye candy: The white kitchen
- Shoe cupboard
- Tara Shaw Maison - America's Mart Part III
- Billy Built-in with a top
- Stolmen Entertainment Unit for a flat panel TV
- New Upholstered Headboard with Nailhead Trim
- Mystery Solved!
- Butcher Block Countertop Kitchen shelving
- One of those days
- Pottery Barn inspired desk transformation
- Klimt Lack
- Ribba with the Dynamic Painting
- And we have an IKEA hack of 2010 winner!
- Showing off The Newbies
- Bedroom Side Table
- Roman & Williams At Home
- IKEA LEGO Table
- What is Social Media?
- Sofia Stripes on an Expedit Shelf
- Color My World
- Jewelry Displays (recycled Ikea mirrors)
- DIY TV Riser
- LaivaPax Coffee Table
- A little love
- America's Mart - Part II Napa Home & Garden
- Cat Activity Center/Sleep Center
- Dreaming of Spring
- How to Make a Woodgrain Magnetic Memo Board and To...
- Wheelie Dave laptop stand
- Chic Coromandel Screens
- A DIY memo board
- Sink on the Edland bedside table
- Ikea lampshade-secondhand skirt combo lamp
- Mirror, Mirror....
- Sultan Lien Slats to Turntable Table
- Basic IKEA Tabletop into Custom Workstation
- RATIONELL Retrofit into an old kitchen
- Chic in New York: Etos
- Clean Minimalist TV Stand
- Kura bed transformed to kingsize bed with cosy cav...
- Erikslund Frame Hack
- FJELLSE Headboard
- America's Mart International Home Furnishing Marke...
- Gorm (almost) cabinet
- Trofast with wheels under the staircase
- Divine Downton Abbey
- Broder display stand
- Redesigning Design
- LACK side table to shelf hack
- Who’s on first?
- One Day You're In and the Next Day You're Out
- The Bag That Keeps on Giving
- Wide Standing Desk
- Chic Inspiration
- A comfy Noresund bed head
- Chateau de Groussay: Part Deux
- For LACK Of A Reasonably Priced Chalk Table
- Chateau de Groussay: Part I
- Chic Reads: Cafe Society
- Vacation Inspired Coffee Table
- Dear Vogue,
- Cheap Vika Glasholm Bathroom hack
- THE PAPER
- Giveaway winners!
- Ikea's Kvartal - A super-easy bike rack
- Where the Boys Are
- Upholstered IKEA Fjellse
- Golden Globes 2011 Fashion Recap
- Tobo Fireplace
- $22 Diy Mirror
- Let's Get Physical
- Stripe it Rich
- The best hack of 2010: Your vote needed
- New year, new look!
- Giveaway Weekend!
- Kids creativity corner at a carnival
- Frameless Sunburst Mirror
- "iMac"king a Vika Workstation
- Malm Toddler Bed under Malm-inspired Bunk
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?
- Ode to Wicker
- Runway to Room
- Lay-away your endless cardboard!
- But first, we declutter
- Graceful Sailing
- Habitually Chic Hits the High Seas
- Good ol', cheapo upholstered Gorm Bar
- Quick table
- Horizontal Floating Billy
- ▼ January (146)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)