Thursday, January 20, 2011
Materials: Gorm shelf; Vitaminer Rand fabric; Behandla paint; some plywood (not Ikea)
Description: My son (9 months old) loves to open and close doors.
I put in his room an old, little ( 61 cm) Gorm shelf, with two shelves, painted in red (Behandla paint, of course!): but shelves don't have doors!
So I found in my lab a couple of pieces of plywood 3 millimeters thick, and I cut out a back panel, which I nailed to the shelves' back side.
I cut out two plywood panels, 15 mm thick, and hinged them to the front legs of the shelf.
Last, I painted everything with red Behandla.
My wife cut out two pieces from a Vitaminer Rand fabric, hemmed them and then I nailed them on the two sides of the "cabinet".
~ Marcello Racchini, Lissone (MB), Italy
- Hacker Help: Varde Base Cabinet into an Breakfast ...
- There was no line dancing…
- Design Trends!
- NYIGF 2011: A Few of My Favorite Things
- NYIGF 2011: Jonathan Adler
- When iMac goes to work
- Personalized Kura Bed fit for a Princess with Play...
- Mandal Nightstand Hack
- The Chic Catroux
- Giveaway Weekend
- Gift Show Guide
- Eye candy: The white kitchen
- Shoe cupboard
- Tara Shaw Maison - America's Mart Part III
- Billy Built-in with a top
- Stolmen Entertainment Unit for a flat panel TV
- New Upholstered Headboard with Nailhead Trim
- Mystery Solved!
- Butcher Block Countertop Kitchen shelving
- One of those days
- Pottery Barn inspired desk transformation
- Klimt Lack
- Ribba with the Dynamic Painting
- And we have an IKEA hack of 2010 winner!
- Showing off The Newbies
- Bedroom Side Table
- Roman & Williams At Home
- IKEA LEGO Table
- What is Social Media?
- Sofia Stripes on an Expedit Shelf
- Color My World
- Jewelry Displays (recycled Ikea mirrors)
- DIY TV Riser
- LaivaPax Coffee Table
- A little love
- America's Mart - Part II Napa Home & Garden
- Cat Activity Center/Sleep Center
- Dreaming of Spring
- How to Make a Woodgrain Magnetic Memo Board and To...
- Wheelie Dave laptop stand
- Chic Coromandel Screens
- A DIY memo board
- Sink on the Edland bedside table
- Ikea lampshade-secondhand skirt combo lamp
- Mirror, Mirror....
- Sultan Lien Slats to Turntable Table
- Basic IKEA Tabletop into Custom Workstation
- RATIONELL Retrofit into an old kitchen
- Chic in New York: Etos
- Clean Minimalist TV Stand
- Kura bed transformed to kingsize bed with cosy cav...
- Erikslund Frame Hack
- FJELLSE Headboard
- America's Mart International Home Furnishing Marke...
- Gorm (almost) cabinet
- Trofast with wheels under the staircase
- Divine Downton Abbey
- Broder display stand
- Redesigning Design
- LACK side table to shelf hack
- Who’s on first?
- One Day You're In and the Next Day You're Out
- The Bag That Keeps on Giving
- Wide Standing Desk
- Chic Inspiration
- A comfy Noresund bed head
- Chateau de Groussay: Part Deux
- For LACK Of A Reasonably Priced Chalk Table
- Chateau de Groussay: Part I
- Chic Reads: Cafe Society
- Vacation Inspired Coffee Table
- Dear Vogue,
- Cheap Vika Glasholm Bathroom hack
- THE PAPER
- Giveaway winners!
- Ikea's Kvartal - A super-easy bike rack
- Where the Boys Are
- Upholstered IKEA Fjellse
- Golden Globes 2011 Fashion Recap
- Tobo Fireplace
- $22 Diy Mirror
- Let's Get Physical
- Stripe it Rich
- The best hack of 2010: Your vote needed
- New year, new look!
- Giveaway Weekend!
- Kids creativity corner at a carnival
- Frameless Sunburst Mirror
- "iMac"king a Vika Workstation
- Malm Toddler Bed under Malm-inspired Bunk
- Orange You Glad It's Friday?
- Ode to Wicker
- Runway to Room
- Lay-away your endless cardboard!
- But first, we declutter
- Graceful Sailing
- Habitually Chic Hits the High Seas
- Good ol', cheapo upholstered Gorm Bar
- Quick table
- Horizontal Floating Billy
- ▼ January (146)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)