Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Materials: FAKTUM wall cabinet, FAKTUM legs, SIGNUM cable outlet kit, PERFEKT SOLÄR plinth
Description: So, moving in to my new apartment made me realize just how much stuff I had and how little extra space I actually had available. Therefore I had a little brainstorming session, and this is what I came up with.
Instead of using a normal media furniture (I couldn't find any that wasn't super-expensive), I decided to use the FAKTUM wall cabinet made for kitchens. In this case I used 4 double door and one single (HÄRLIG doors, doesn't get cheaper than that).
With a little magic called FAKTUM legs, 2 pieces of oak-worktops (not IKEA but I saw that they have them now as well) and PERFEKT SOLÄR plinth it ended up really really good.
To continue the magic, do the finishing touches with SIGNUM cable outlet kit and hide all the ugly stuff inside one of the cabinets, like in my case printer, WLAN, the base station for the music etc and most of all the cables.
~ Johanna Bergman, Sweden
- Thrifting “lady date”
- Blue Monday
- Double Lack
- Gorgeous Gucci
- Ivar Studio Desk
- Coffee table advance
- Oscar 2011 Best Dressed
- Introducing Peanut
- Oscars Greenroom
- DIY Slide Projector
- Dreaming in Brick
- Lack Bistro Table
- They don't make them like they used to...
- Modern dining room lightning
- Kitchen Island Beauty
- Half-pint Effektiv holds computer and subwoofer fo...
- 10,000(!) and month in review
- Tolsby - A cheap and easy earring display
- RETUR goes to bed
- The Chic Beach at Soho Beach House
- Mark Your Calendar: Kips Bay Decorator Show House ...
- My cherry blossom lantern, inspired by Joey
- Spring has Sprung at Talbots
- Corner workstation
- Photographs: My favorite art
- Baby Crib with open shelving
- Somewhere to hang my ... glass
- Chic in Miami: Soho Beach House
- Wardrobe hiding wires and fuse
- EXPEDIT wardrobe with plants
- IKEA LACK Tables become wall art
- Chic in Miami: Cecconi's
- Mood light panel
- Organize It Party!
- When Ikea doesn't make a small enough cabinet
- Chic Christian Louboutin Boutique
- Candleholder vs. towelholder
- Build a Rietveld-inspired chair with NUMERAR count...
- Bastian of Chic
- Gallant Standing Desk
- Sponsor Spotlight: Creations by Kage
- SMILA SOL Ceiling Fan
- Spice it Up! Klippan Sofa
- Chic and Cozy Cottage
- Sater 2.5 seat sofa to leather chair
- Winners and project FAIL
- Stainless bowl hanging planter
- Bettina Ballard's Busy Day
- Upholstered Lack coffee table
- Stolmen Floating TV Stand, So Simple Anybody Can D...
- The Front Row
- Southern Charm Mason Jar Chandelier
- My View at Derek Lam
- Nyttja frame becomes a notice board
- Charlotte's Chic Homes
- Alex Cooling
- Dolly bunkbed
- One linen closet down
- Chic at Fashion Week
- Lack 2.0
- A little love from IKEA
- FROSTA speaker stands
- Cute bulletin board
- NYFW Fall 2011: Tory Burch
- A Walk Through Nassau
- Hamster-Villa above TV
- Pretty in Pink: Government House
- Plastic Bag Trash Receptacle
- Torked-out Multi-Ribba Technicolour Backlit Featur...
- COLOR! (in the living room)
- What Every Princess Wants for Valentine's Day!!!
- Expedit Baby Closet
- Billy Tobo hybrid TV unit
- Ralph Lauren at Sea
- Dakota Jackson at Sea
- Vika corner desk and banish cable clutter
- Chic Ship Interiors
- Stunning Coastal Exterior and Interior Renovation
- Oceania Cruises: They had me at Ahoy!
- Giveaway Weekend!
- Bygel Hanging Shower Rack Hack
- Spectacular Pool Pavilion
- Measuring Light
- online consultations!
- I'm back!
- Standing Desks on the cheap
- Floating Bathroom Shelf Made with Kee Klamp and La...
- Fun in the Sun
- Puppy Proofing for Small Spaces
- Searching for a sofa
- Dead fridge goes Rationell (retrofitting old cabin...
- Another Edland bathroom vanity
- 1 1/2 Billy entertainment centre
- How to cover a brick glass wall with SNÖVITA gift ...
- Chic in Shades
- The "Bed Above Your Head" Pot Rack
- Happy Hour Hensvik
- Governor of the Bahamas
- ▼ February (141)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)