Thursday, February 3, 2011
Materials: Lack Side Table, Tile, Adhesive, Grout, Trowel, Float
Description: I found a simple, and inexpensive, way to spice up the $7.99 Lack Side Table. Once you gather all the necessary tools, follow these easy steps!
Step 1: Clean off the surface, and make sure it is completely dry.
Step 2: Measure out your tile. Since my table surface was a little smaller than the 4 (12x12) sheets of tile, I had to trim off some of the edges. But these glass tiles were incredible easy to work with and I just had to cut through the netting that attached them.
Step 3: Once you have the correct amount of tiles, it's time to lay the adhesive. Since I was working with a relatively small surface area I didn't have to worry about my adhesive drying, so I spread on enough to cover one sheet of tiles. I used a paint stir stick to grab some adhesive, and then used the trowel (metal thing with notches) to spread it out evenly. I went over my patch of adhesive with the notched side to make the lines in the adhesive.
Click to read more>>
- Thrifting “lady date”
- Blue Monday
- Double Lack
- Gorgeous Gucci
- Ivar Studio Desk
- Coffee table advance
- Oscar 2011 Best Dressed
- Introducing Peanut
- Oscars Greenroom
- DIY Slide Projector
- Dreaming in Brick
- Lack Bistro Table
- They don't make them like they used to...
- Modern dining room lightning
- Kitchen Island Beauty
- Half-pint Effektiv holds computer and subwoofer fo...
- 10,000(!) and month in review
- Tolsby - A cheap and easy earring display
- RETUR goes to bed
- The Chic Beach at Soho Beach House
- Mark Your Calendar: Kips Bay Decorator Show House ...
- My cherry blossom lantern, inspired by Joey
- Spring has Sprung at Talbots
- Corner workstation
- Photographs: My favorite art
- Baby Crib with open shelving
- Somewhere to hang my ... glass
- Chic in Miami: Soho Beach House
- Wardrobe hiding wires and fuse
- EXPEDIT wardrobe with plants
- IKEA LACK Tables become wall art
- Chic in Miami: Cecconi's
- Mood light panel
- Organize It Party!
- When Ikea doesn't make a small enough cabinet
- Chic Christian Louboutin Boutique
- Candleholder vs. towelholder
- Build a Rietveld-inspired chair with NUMERAR count...
- Bastian of Chic
- Gallant Standing Desk
- Sponsor Spotlight: Creations by Kage
- SMILA SOL Ceiling Fan
- Spice it Up! Klippan Sofa
- Chic and Cozy Cottage
- Sater 2.5 seat sofa to leather chair
- Winners and project FAIL
- Stainless bowl hanging planter
- Bettina Ballard's Busy Day
- Upholstered Lack coffee table
- Stolmen Floating TV Stand, So Simple Anybody Can D...
- The Front Row
- Southern Charm Mason Jar Chandelier
- My View at Derek Lam
- Nyttja frame becomes a notice board
- Charlotte's Chic Homes
- Alex Cooling
- Dolly bunkbed
- One linen closet down
- Chic at Fashion Week
- Lack 2.0
- A little love from IKEA
- FROSTA speaker stands
- Cute bulletin board
- NYFW Fall 2011: Tory Burch
- A Walk Through Nassau
- Hamster-Villa above TV
- Pretty in Pink: Government House
- Plastic Bag Trash Receptacle
- Torked-out Multi-Ribba Technicolour Backlit Featur...
- COLOR! (in the living room)
- What Every Princess Wants for Valentine's Day!!!
- Expedit Baby Closet
- Billy Tobo hybrid TV unit
- Ralph Lauren at Sea
- Dakota Jackson at Sea
- Vika corner desk and banish cable clutter
- Chic Ship Interiors
- Stunning Coastal Exterior and Interior Renovation
- Oceania Cruises: They had me at Ahoy!
- Giveaway Weekend!
- Bygel Hanging Shower Rack Hack
- Spectacular Pool Pavilion
- Measuring Light
- online consultations!
- I'm back!
- Standing Desks on the cheap
- Floating Bathroom Shelf Made with Kee Klamp and La...
- Fun in the Sun
- Puppy Proofing for Small Spaces
- Searching for a sofa
- Dead fridge goes Rationell (retrofitting old cabin...
- Another Edland bathroom vanity
- 1 1/2 Billy entertainment centre
- How to cover a brick glass wall with SNÖVITA gift ...
- Chic in Shades
- The "Bed Above Your Head" Pot Rack
- Happy Hour Hensvik
- Governor of the Bahamas
- ▼ February (141)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)