Thursday, March 10, 2011
Materials: Rektangel vase
Description: The REKTANGEL vases are used as glassblocks in the design of a distinctive loft located on the first floor of a historic warehouse and monument on the Brouwersgracht in the center of Amsterdam. The apartment is designed by Marloes van Heteren of SOLUZ and Remco Wilcke of CUBE architecten.
In the architecture a contrast has been sought between preserving the historic beams and floors, and minimalistic new additions. The new additions such as kitchen and bathroom would be clearly identifiable as such in terms of materiality and form. Letting in daylight and transparency was also very important in the design of the open floor plan.
The bathroom is the central element in the house situated at the intersection of public and private. The rounded translucent bathroom-wall consists of nearly 1,000 very special glass blocks; IKEA rektangel vases. The vases are painted white inside and arranged together with strong transparent glue. The use of two different sizes creates a very nice pattern. During the day the sunlight gets in the bathroom an at night the bathroom wall acts as a subtle light-object in the apartment.
See more of the Rektangel glass wall.
~ Marloes van Heteren (SOLUZ architecture, design and advice), Amsterdam
- Lillangen bathroom remodel
- Electrified rat
- Mismatched kitchen doors
- An Ikea Kura bed felt playhouse
- IKEA vases for a translucent rounded bathroom wall...
- Billy-Benno Corner Bookshelves
- Bathroom makeover
- Cat safe planter
- Akurum deep drawer file cabinet
- Expedit square into a stereo cabinet
- Rack for your Pc/Hi-fi system
- Hultet-framed Clock
- Beethoven Grono Lamp
- Expedit Paper Trays
- Lack Wall of Shoe Shelves and Storage
- Game Controller Management System
- Ralph Lauren Home: Part Deux
- Sponsor Spotlight Discount: CassaDecor
- A Little R & R
- Giveaway weekend!
- Walk through my Pax doors!
- Chic Soiree and Spring at Ralph Lauren
- Computer table with shelf for printer
- Malm Headboard Hack with Recessed Ridge for Hiding...
- Dog chair
- Question and Answer Period
- Ikea Spice Rack Hack - The Warli Way!
- Semi-home made 'LACKured' media cabinet
- My biggest purge yet!
- DIY Dorothy Draper Chests
- Eco-chic headboard
- Neutral Territory
- Besta Boas Chalkboard Room Divider
- March Madness
- Soho Beach House Miami: More Interiors
- Solar powered jewellery display
- Rolling Craft Table
- Laptop Desk
- ▼ March (38)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)