Monday, March 7, 2011
Materials: Lack shelving units, Tjusig shoe racks, Malm dresser, Grono table lamps, Legitim chopping boards, and hardware store "L" brackets
Description: As my collection of Adidas Originals shoes grew, I was looking for an efficient and stylish way to organize and display them. Eventually 10 Tsujig shoe racks, 5 Lack shelves, and my Malm dresser combined to form this mighty wall display.
The Lack shelves frame the whole thing, and were sized perfectly for this application. On the left, two vertical Lack shelves support one horizontal one, with the Malm dresser in the center. On the right, one Lack shelf lies horizontally as a base for the Tsujig racks, and another vertical Lack goes up the right side. Together they form the shape of an backwards letter "S" on it's side, if that makes sense. From left to right they go up, across the top, down, across the bottom, and back up.
The shoe shelves inside the Lack shelving units are made by first spacing "L" brackets inside the Lacks, and then inserting the Legitim chopping boards which are the perfect size. I'd originally planned to cut wooden inserts, but those cutting boards are exactly the right size and work great.
On the right side I have the Tsujig shoe racks, two across and five tall, and everything is held together with brackets (on the non-visible side) for strength and security. Toss a couple Grono table lamps into the cubbies for some illumination, and you're good to go. The end result is a wall of shelving that looks good and matches the same black-brown finish of the rest of my Malm bedroom set. It easily holds my books, lamps, Timbers MLS fan gear...and 97 pairs of Adidas Originals. Once past 100 pair, I guess I'll have to start on another wall. :-)
~ Randy Mueller, Ridgefield, WA USA
- Lillangen bathroom remodel
- Electrified rat
- Mismatched kitchen doors
- An Ikea Kura bed felt playhouse
- IKEA vases for a translucent rounded bathroom wall...
- Billy-Benno Corner Bookshelves
- Bathroom makeover
- Cat safe planter
- Akurum deep drawer file cabinet
- Expedit square into a stereo cabinet
- Rack for your Pc/Hi-fi system
- Hultet-framed Clock
- Beethoven Grono Lamp
- Expedit Paper Trays
- Lack Wall of Shoe Shelves and Storage
- Game Controller Management System
- Ralph Lauren Home: Part Deux
- Sponsor Spotlight Discount: CassaDecor
- A Little R & R
- Giveaway weekend!
- Walk through my Pax doors!
- Chic Soiree and Spring at Ralph Lauren
- Computer table with shelf for printer
- Malm Headboard Hack with Recessed Ridge for Hiding...
- Dog chair
- Question and Answer Period
- Ikea Spice Rack Hack - The Warli Way!
- Semi-home made 'LACKured' media cabinet
- My biggest purge yet!
- DIY Dorothy Draper Chests
- Eco-chic headboard
- Neutral Territory
- Besta Boas Chalkboard Room Divider
- March Madness
- Soho Beach House Miami: More Interiors
- Solar powered jewellery display
- Rolling Craft Table
- Laptop Desk
- ▼ March (38)
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- ► 2006 (137)