Day of Blessed.


Life holds so many simple blessings, each day bringing its own individual wonder.
John McLeod

My day started with my alarm clock, aka the Bub, waking me at 8:30. I don't use a real alarm clock anymore. For this I am thankful.

A morning spent hanging with the Boy, taking our time, playing. For that I feel blessed.

Today I got our garage door fixed, did two loads of laundry, got our surround sound fixed, got McD's for lunch (YUM-O!), went to the post office, received a rare check from work (the decorating business does NOT pay well...not part time anyway), took a trip to Micheal's (ohhhh, dangerous!) and bought stuff I just plain wanted. For all of this, I am so thankful.

Got calls all day long from my sweet Hubby, checking in on my day, letting me know about his, saying hello to the Bub. For this, I feel so incredibly blessed.

Got my car washed, went to Lowe's and then the Bub and I went to dinner with two friends and their kids. We were a table of five kids and three Mommas, and we pretty much destroyed half of the restaurant. (This is why I tip well.) There were kids running everywhere, falling off chairs, refusing to eat, all eight of us talking at once, and it was SO fun. And for that, I am thankful. I'm even thankful for the lady who was giving us the evil eye...

Five of us went on a late night trip to Target, spent 30 minutes in the dollar area, then got so many groceries I couldn't even finish my list because the cart was so full. Spent almost an hour putting everything away when we got home. For this, I am so blessed.

Put the Boy to bed, with his new jammies, on his clean sheets, with his clean Froggy, and now am about to watch Kath and Kim (Gorg!) with a surround sound system that sounds awesome (thanks cable guy...for screwing up the whole system, I heart you). And for even the cable guy, I am thankful.

Tomorrow morning, the Boy and I will take our weekly trip out to breakfast for pancakes, eggs and bacon. He will make everyone in the restaurant smile, and for that I feel so blessed.

I know I haven't talked much about the Thanksgiving holiday, and I hope that doesn't make me sound ungrateful. I am so lucky for this life. I am so thankful for my home, my work, this blog and all of you, my family and friends, our kitties, my loving husband, my sweet step-daughter and my amazing two-year-old, who fills our lives with joy. I thank God every single day for these blessings, all year long.

Check out this stream