Chic in LA: The Getty

I didn't spend all my time in LA shopping or visiting design stores, I did make time to visit the breathtakingly beautiful Getty Center museum. The museum was designed by architect Richard Meier and is perched on a hill overlooking the city and ocean, when you can see it through the smog, I mean fog. It's probably the only museums that has views outside that rival the artwork inside! Christian of Maison21, my tour guide, told me a story about how the entire museum was supposed to be built out of Meier's signature matte aluminum siding but the residents of the area had different ideas so most of the buildings were clad in travertine instead. The undulating museum connects better to the natural landscape and sits like a modern day Acropolis surveying the city below. It's definitely worth a visit on your next trip to LA, in between shopping and design stores of course.




























Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Check out this stream