Chic in LA: Jenni Kayne

I have to say that the best part of going away is being able to share my experiences with my readers who may also be planning a trip. There were so many wonderful places that I visted in LA and one that impressed me the most was the Jenni Kayne boutique. It's right now the street from the Almont Yards shops and it's worth checking out.

The store was designed by Jeffrey Allsbrook of the architecture and design firm Standard. It is a great example of a cleaner design style that works well is sunny Los Angeles.

What I loved about the store was that although it was clean and modern, all the wood and unfinished brass accents made it warm and welcoming. Jenni said that she wanted to reflect her own personal taste and feel like you were entering her home in an interview on Refinery29.

Standard also designed all of the display cabinets and fixtures. They are a far cry from the usual cheap chrome fixtures you see in stores.

I love that the vertical wood paneling draws your eye upward to the bamboo ceiling. The store was designed with an emphasis on eco-friendly materials and renewable woods.

This display table would make a fabulous dining table if they extended the top to allow dining chairs to clear the base. Or if they made it less deep, it would look great as an entry console! I loved this table!

The shop not only sells clothing by Jenni Kayne but also wonderful accessories including canvas bags and leather accessories like travel games.

Wish I had seen this travel backgammon set before my backgammon post! I love the natural leather!

I loved the canvas and leather bags that are from a French company called Tampico. They were simple and perfect! The one with the short top handles also had a practical should strap inside!

The store was designed to be flexible so that the display cabinets could be moved as necessary.

I love the artwork on this back wall by the changing rooms.

I could also see this display fixture moving easily into a home.

There is only one store in New York that sells Jenni Kayne's clothing which is a shame because they are stunningly beautiful!

One of my favorite parts of the store was the back changing room area.

Not sure if you can tell in this photo but the wall is covered in a snakeskin print wall covering. It looks very chic with the unfinished brass accents!

Even the sunglasses display boxes were created to match the store design.

Jenni also designs children's clothing which was super cute!

Of course what caught my eye was the jewelry! It is designed by Suzanne Donegan for her line Mannin which incorporates vintage jewelry pieces and recycled gold for sustainability.

I absolutely loved all the wonderful greenery and outdoor spaces in LA like this walkway to another space behind the store.

Even the front window is cool and chic! And since there was so much controversy about whether to wear white jeans in LA or not, I give you a photo of the beautiful Andrea Borda Stanford of C Magazine below wearing fabulous white J Brand jeans! Now that is chic California style at it's finest!

Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Check out this stream