The many faces of Rickard

Emily has been hard at work modding the Rickard chair for her thesis. I like Citizen Cane, a nice mix of old and new. Pretty solid ideas, I must say.

She says, "I've been hacking away at the $19.99 Rickard task chair. I'm working on my MFA Design thesis exploring ways to extend the useful lives of task chairs, and how to create infrastructure to recover the parts for recycle at the end of the chair's useful life. One big reason people chuck out this kind of chair is that they get bored of it, so to combat that I've been trying to breathe new life into them and make them fresh, pushing the limits of what a task chair can be.  Here are some pics of my hacks so far...


Flower Child chair covered with Ikea's own flower pattern fabric, embellished (by me) with hand embroidery.

Click to read more>>

Check out this stream