Showing off

OK, so this whole beadboard backsplash idea? Ummm…it’s the easiest, hardest project I’ve ever done.

Easiest because it has made such a difference in our kitchen with less than $60 of materials. It will by FAR be the one project that has absolutely transformed the space.

Hardest because GOOD LORD, there are so many cuts that need to be made, and because my cuts weren’t perfect, there is an insane amount of trim to be cut. And installed. And painted.

OH yeah, and the whole painting thing – have you ever painted beadboard? It’s a pain in the booty! (Getting in all those grooves.) Add to that that I’m leaning over a counter to get into said grooves, and I may need a Tylenol PM tonight.  :)

It is SO CLOSE to done, and I'm going to show you this week no matter what. I cannot believe the transformation it has made to our kitchen – AMAZING!! Truly amazing. Yippee!

In other words – totally worth it.  ;)

So anyhoo, I’ve been thinking lately about all of the talent out there in blogland – it astounds me, really. I’m in awe of what you all dream up, create and accomplish. I am SO happy to inspire you, but I am also inspired by so many of you daily!

I share many of your fab projects on my Facebook page, but I’ve been thinking it’s high time I share some with the rest of the class. ;) 

So, I’m hoping to start highlighting some of your projects on TDC. I’m calling it “Show Me Off” and I think it will be FUN to share your talents (yeah, I’m talkin’ to YOU) with the blog world.

If you have completed a minor or major DIY project, I’d love to see it and share it with my readers!

Have you taken your kitchen island from something like this:

DSC03572

To this?:

DSC00475

Or your stairs from this:

017

To this?:

053

Or perhaps a blank wall like this:

photo[3]

To a little diddy like this?:

If so, I want to see them! Whatever you share does NOT have to be inspired by one of my projects – it can be any DIY project, room redo, whatever. Smaller projects I may group together in a post, whole room redos I will post separately.

And you don’t have to have a blog to join in! If you do have one and you’ve posted about your project, let me know and I’ll be sure to link to it. If your blog is little bitty, send it. If your blog is big and fancy, send it. If I think someone will be inspired by it – I’ll take it!

If you are interested, please email me at thriftydecorchick (at) gmail (dot) com, send me a few pics, and put “Show Me Off” in the subject line. I would love to share your talents with everyone!  :)

I will be back shortly with a finished kitchen backsplash – whooeeee!

P.S. If any of my fellow Blockheads are heading out to New York City next weekend for the Radio City concerts, I’d love to try to meet you! (Maybe at least before the show.) Holla at me!! :)

Oh yeah, and keep linking up to the Before and After Party till Monday! Check out all the great links here.

 

Thank you to this week’s sponsor!:

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Check out this stream