Japanese Skala


Materials: Skala Tray

Description: I liked the design of the tray, but I thought it was a little boring and I didn't think the finish was very durable. I often eat at the coffee table especially when Glenn is gone so I thought a tray would be useful for carrying my dinner and glass of wine.

We have an entire drawer full of travel brochures, maps, tickets stubs and all sorts of Japanese memorabilia since we've lived here for 18 months. I thought it would be fun to use all of this to dress up the plain tray.


I used Modge Podge to glue down the paper scraps and then 5 coats of the Podge on top. Waiting for it to dry between each layer. I had high gloss Modge Podge so it has a glossy finish. I hope we have it for a long time and it reminds us of our time here.


See more of Kelly's Japanese Skala tray.

~ Kelly, NAF Atsugi, Japan

Check out this stream