Take Ivy

I came across the book Take Ivy online but when I realized it wouldn't be released until August, I made a mental note to order it later. Imagine my surprise and delight when the publisher emailed me a few days later and asked if I would like to receive an advance copy. Would I like a book filled with cute preppy boys from the 1960's??? Um, yes please and can you FedEx it overnight?! I didn't really say that but I thought about it!

Take Ivy was shot on the campuses of eight Ivy League universities and was originally published in Japan in 1965. The book has quite a cult following among the preppy bloggers and fashion designers. The Trad was even nice enough to scan his vintage copy and share it with his readers. But now, Powerhouse Books has translated the original Japanese text and is reissuing this aesthetic overload of prep style. The photos also illustrate how classic well made clothing never goes out of style. Take Ivy is definitely the BMOC of books!











Check out this stream