NYIGF Trend: Chairs for Children

I attended the New York International Gift Fair yesterday and I have a new found respect for store owners who have to attend all five days to shop for their boutiques! I think I would keel over from exhaustion! I enjoy walking the show to see what's new and if there is anything I would buy for my clients but it's definitely a lot less work!

I'm working on my wrap of my favorite new finds but one of the first "trends" I noticed was furniture for children and specifically chairs. Jonathan Adler, above, was debuting his new Junior Collection at the show that included not only furniture but also pillows, rugs, lamps, and throw blankets.

Little Nest offers pint sized versions of all your favorite modern classics.

The children's furniture I was most excited about is the new collection from Oly. They are are now offering smaller versions of their sophisticated furniture that are perfect for New York apartments! You just might want to hide the markers around them!

Photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic

Check out this stream