alison's starry hand-me-down ikea table (which we both can no longer find on the ikea site, nor remember its name) caught my eye because i thought it was such an interesting hack. she used decoupage, a craft technique that involves glueing pictures onto an object and covering it with a few layers of glue or decoupage medium.
she makes it sounds so simple. take the table apart and sand down. cover with gesso and then paint. glue paper shapes to the painted surfaces with mod podge and lastly, layer on the polyurethane.
nice work, alison.
the best thing about this craft technique is that you can use any shape, design or even art to make your own one-of-a-kind furniture. alison drafted very helpful and detailed instructions on how to decoupage. click here to view them and more pictures of the table.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- light up with a homemade sun jar
- salvaging an ikea lack coffee table
- another way to view pics in craigslist
- an international analog clock
- picture them in light
- riddim's cocktail shaker light
- need help taking ikea furniture apart
- wrap your side table in lovely o'keeffe
- alison's starry decoupage dining table
- can i make a multi-fold room divider out of wardro...
- curbly's happy contest
- barbex's smart tv recorder
- it's grate lightning
- sew easy
- ikea gnome christmas gift tags
- french tv wants you
- a zebra desk
- mini chests with ribbon weave
- barbie box
- make mine a mosaic table
- how to add your own images to the skugga lamp
- little umbrellas, big light
- ▼ November (22)