this one's from steve and i must say that i do like them quite a bit. perhaps they are a reminder of my sis' art school days and me helping her pick out slides or cut transparencies on the backlit contraptions. anyhow, it's old school with new style.
steve made them out of "ikea bas display boxes with a modified ikea light fitting and a small energy efficient bulb. the light fitting throws light up the white back to the frame and glossy white photo paper lining the sides, and gets diffused by a piece of animator's paper just behind the transparency."
what i like best is that even during the day, the pictures show through. nice.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- light up with a homemade sun jar
- salvaging an ikea lack coffee table
- another way to view pics in craigslist
- an international analog clock
- picture them in light
- riddim's cocktail shaker light
- need help taking ikea furniture apart
- wrap your side table in lovely o'keeffe
- alison's starry decoupage dining table
- can i make a multi-fold room divider out of wardro...
- curbly's happy contest
- barbex's smart tv recorder
- it's grate lightning
- sew easy
- ikea gnome christmas gift tags
- french tv wants you
- a zebra desk
- mini chests with ribbon weave
- barbie box
- make mine a mosaic table
- how to add your own images to the skugga lamp
- little umbrellas, big light
- ▼ November (22)