erika tipped me on this fabulous hack. i'm liking it a lot - this homemade solar-powered cookie jar by cre8tor, as featured in instructables. it's so whimsical and reminds me of my firefly catching days.
making it seems simple enough. take an ikea glass jar (one from the ikea slom series would do great) and place the parts of a solar garden light into the jar. use blu-tack to adjust and keep the parts in place.
to frost the jar, use a strip of tracing paper or a glass frosting spray. close the lid and you're done. keep the jar by the window with strong sunlight and the light sensing diode at the top of the jar will charge the batteries. when the light goes down, your sun jar lights up. makes a great gift too. link.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- ► 2007 (531)
- light up with a homemade sun jar
- salvaging an ikea lack coffee table
- another way to view pics in craigslist
- an international analog clock
- picture them in light
- riddim's cocktail shaker light
- need help taking ikea furniture apart
- wrap your side table in lovely o'keeffe
- alison's starry decoupage dining table
- can i make a multi-fold room divider out of wardro...
- curbly's happy contest
- barbex's smart tv recorder
- it's grate lightning
- sew easy
- ikea gnome christmas gift tags
- french tv wants you
- a zebra desk
- mini chests with ribbon weave
- barbie box
- make mine a mosaic table
- how to add your own images to the skugga lamp
- little umbrellas, big light
- ▼ November (22)