"i'm debating buying a norrebo shelving unit - i love the style, but the pale wood is going to clash horribly with the rest of my (dark, funky, Victorian) decor. i'm wondering whether i could either paint it right over the surface (veneer?) or sand it down and stain it darker. has anyone tried either of these things? thanks. - sarah
i think the norrebo is solid birch with clear lacquer. you could sand it down to strip off the lacquer and then stain it with a dark glaze, such as the behandla glazing paint. i've never tried it but it should work.
any other ideas?
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- kitchen units turn home office
- just2cool's jer-la-pita
- how to put up a floating lack shelf
- quick and easy toy storage solution
- expedit goes retro
- woo! a cath kidston skruvsta chair
- painting the norrebo a shade darker?
- marker proof your kid's table
- storm mood lamp
- light up with this room divider
- help! can't find karlanda 'add on unit'
- expedit grande
- the knappa floor lamp
- comment moderation on off
- the tord coffee table edition
- ikea spotting!
- bonde lighting
- some times it works better upside down
- an eat-in wardrobe
- oak stained sideboard
- i'm back
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2006 (137)