it is hard to believe that this chic looking slate top coffee table is hacked from a file cabinet. jason scavenged a tord file cabinet (which i'm not able to find on ikea's site) from the 'as-is' room for $9.99 and used the base as legs for the coffee table. he then cut a piece of plywood to fit the base and laid six 12" slate tiles (or any other stone of your choice) over the plywood.
classy and very effective hack, jason.
for his tord coffee table instructables, click here.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- kitchen units turn home office
- just2cool's jer-la-pita
- how to put up a floating lack shelf
- quick and easy toy storage solution
- expedit goes retro
- woo! a cath kidston skruvsta chair
- painting the norrebo a shade darker?
- marker proof your kid's table
- storm mood lamp
- light up with this room divider
- help! can't find karlanda 'add on unit'
- expedit grande
- the knappa floor lamp
- comment moderation on off
- the tord coffee table edition
- ikea spotting!
- bonde lighting
- some times it works better upside down
- an eat-in wardrobe
- oak stained sideboard
- i'm back
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2006 (137)