so, the furniture is hacked. it's only fitting that it gets a new name too. just2cool posted a modified jerker table with a lack shelf propped up by capita legs. hence 'jer-la-pita', coined from the jerker, lack and capita.
"when i entered my junior year in college, i decided that i wanted a nice desk for my apartment - a lot of depth and width, but i wanted to keep the cost down as well. so, i originally looked at the jerker that came with a shelf, but felt that it wasn't wide enough for my liking. then, i looked at the table-style jerker, but i didn't like the fact that it didn't have a shelf for the monitor.
so, after spending some time at ikea looking at all kinds of crap, i noticed a nice shelf (lack) that was a tad bit bigger than the table jerker's width. then, i saw 2 slanted aluminum legs (capita - couldn't find the link to the slanted ones) that i felt would be sufficient to hold it up. and after drilling a few holes, the rest is history." link.
neat. i think it goes really well with the set-up.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- kitchen units turn home office
- just2cool's jer-la-pita
- how to put up a floating lack shelf
- quick and easy toy storage solution
- expedit goes retro
- woo! a cath kidston skruvsta chair
- painting the norrebo a shade darker?
- marker proof your kid's table
- storm mood lamp
- light up with this room divider
- help! can't find karlanda 'add on unit'
- expedit grande
- the knappa floor lamp
- comment moderation on off
- the tord coffee table edition
- ikea spotting!
- bonde lighting
- some times it works better upside down
- an eat-in wardrobe
- oak stained sideboard
- i'm back
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2006 (137)