if you need to light up your bonde bookcase, this hack will do it for you. aj used the trettionen interior lighting strips inside his bonde bookcase to shine a little light on his barware.
"i've recently put up some bonde cabinets and i did a minor hack: i drilled holes through the upper corners of each cube with a 1/2" bore bit and installed the trettionen lighting strips inside the 4-cube sections fronted by frosted glass/aluminium doors. it really makes the whole piece seems 'lighter', pun unintended. i then ran all the power cables to a series of adapters housed inside an older, low bonde cabinet, wiring access handled with a 3" hole saw."
lighting it right makes a huge difference, doesn't it? link.
see aj's flickr photoset for the interior life of designers pool.
- ► 2010 (1372)
- ► 2009 (952)
- ► 2008 (726)
- kitchen units turn home office
- just2cool's jer-la-pita
- how to put up a floating lack shelf
- quick and easy toy storage solution
- expedit goes retro
- woo! a cath kidston skruvsta chair
- painting the norrebo a shade darker?
- marker proof your kid's table
- storm mood lamp
- light up with this room divider
- help! can't find karlanda 'add on unit'
- expedit grande
- the knappa floor lamp
- comment moderation on off
- the tord coffee table edition
- ikea spotting!
- bonde lighting
- some times it works better upside down
- an eat-in wardrobe
- oak stained sideboard
- i'm back
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2006 (137)